A Message from Our Chapter President, Brian Mannix:
Welcome to the April edition of the NYIIA’s monthly newsletter. Spring is in the air and the Chapter is in its final stages of an overwhelmingly successful year. Our April workshop was held on Friday, April 12 at the Hard Rock Café with around 175 in attendance. We stormed the main theater, and while I couldn’t be there myself, all indications were that the event was a huge success with some very good feedback from those in attendance. Many thanks to Raquel Oquendo and all the volunteers who put together the event. Our next workshop will not be until September, as the April event was the last of the Chapter year.
New York is Proud Platinum Award Chapter of The IIA:
Learn More About Membership
Want to Promote Your Business with IIA?Advertise on NYIIA.org
Our History, Mission & Governance
In 1941, the New York Chapter founded the Institute of Internal Auditors. Since then, the IIA has grown to serve over 105,000 members in internal auditing, governance and internal control, IT audit, education, and security from more than 160 countries/territories. The world's leader in certification, education, research, and technological guidance for the profession, The Institute serves as the profession's watchdog and resource on significant auditing issues around the globe.
Presenting important conferences and seminars for professional development, producing leading-edge educational products, certifying qualified auditing professionals, providing quality assurance reviews and benchmarking, and conducting valuable research projects through The IIA Research Foundation are just a few of The Institute's many activities
The mission of The Institute of Internal Auditors is to provide dynamic leadership for the global profession of internal auditing. Activities in support of this mission will include, but will not be limited to:
- Advocating and promoting the value that internal audit professionals add to their organizations;
- Providing comprehensive professional educational and development opportunities; standards and other professional practice guidance; and certification programs;
- Researching, disseminating, and promoting to practitioners and stakeholders knowledge concerning internal auditing and its appropriate role in control, risk management, and governance;
- Educating practitioners and other relevant audiences on best practices in internal auditing; and
- Bringing together internal auditors from all countries to share information and experiences.
Learn more about our NY Chapter's volunteer leaders in the Executive Committee.
Board of Governors
Learn more about our NY Chapter's Board of Governors .
Get involved with our Chapter's Volunteer Committees .
History & By-laws
Learn about the chapter's history of leadership through our our past presidents.
Learn about the chapter by downloading our bylaws [PDF].